GENERAL GUIDELINES AND RULES OF CAMPUS LIFE
The Rules and Regulations of the College are framed by the Educational Agency, Management and the Principal to ensure a peaceful campus atmosphere. The College Community is bound to abide by such rules along with the directions offered by the Hon. High Court through its judgements dated 26th September 2001 in O.P Number 24 711/2001 for Baselius College and dated 26th May 2003 on writ appeal No. 535/2003 and Judgement of the Hon’ble High Court in the Review Petition on 20th Feb. 2004 and also the directions of the Hon’ble High Court in WP(C) No. 11582 of 2016 (W) Violation of these Court orders and the rules and regulations of the College will invoke not only contempt of court but also deterrent punishment.
Conduct and Discipline of Students
- It shall be the bounden duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of the college, and to conduct himself with discipline and decorum in all places and under all circumstances.
- Every student shall attend classes regularly and punctually and shall refrain from any action that may disturb the smooth working of the college. Every student shall wear his / her identity card daily.
- Students shall be clean and modest in dress, refined in language and polite in behaviour. Students are not permitted to wear round or V neck T-shirts & low waist jeans.
- Girl students are advised to wear modest clothing such as salwar – kamiz, churidar kurta etc. with shawls, long skirts or sarees. They are strictly instructed not to attend college in short skirts, short tops, T-shirts etc. which are not in harmony with the decorous dress code of a mixed college.
- Smoking, use of alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited in the college premises. Students shall not enter the campus intoxicated.
- Every student shall greet the members of the teaching staff on the occasion of first meeting them within the college premises and whenever he meets them in public.
- When a teacher enters a class-room, the students shall rise and remain standing till they are directed to sit or till the teacher takes his seat.
- When classes are in session, students shall not enter or leave the class rooms without the permission of the teachers concerned.
- While moving from one class to another, especially through stairs, students are expected to KEEP LEFT in a line, leaving sufficient room for those coming in the opposite direction.
- Students who may be free during class-time shall not loiter on the verandah or on the premises of the college. During such time, they are to be in the Library / Reading room.
- Every student shall handle college property with care and shall do everything in his power to preserve cleanliness and tidiness of the furniture, buildings and the premises. Students shall not disfigure the walls, doors, windows, furniture etc. with bills, engravings etc.
- The loss or damage or disfigurement caused to the college articles will be made good by realising from the student concerned double the cost of the loss or damage so incurred or through a collective fine covering all the students.
- Except in the meeting of the various college Associations, no student shall address any gathering in the college premises without the special permission of the Principal.
- Students are prohibited from being members of any political organization and from taking part in any agitational activities. The College Union Election shall not be conducted on a political style. It shall be on a system based on the guidelines issued by the Management and the Hon’ble Courts. Politics and Political activism are strictly banned on the Campus. The students are forbidden from organizing or attending meetings other than the official ones. The directions from the Hon’ble High Court will be strictly complied with.
- Megaphones, loudspeakers etc. should not be used on the campus without the special permission of the Principal. Posters, flags, memorial tombs, floral arches, festoons etc. should not be displayed on the campus. Distribution of pamphlets / brochures etc. shall not be done without written permission of the Principal.
- Indecent behaviour towards the opposite sex will not be tolerated.
- Students shall not invite or encourage outsiders to enter the campus.
- Students are strictly forbidden from bringing and using mobile phones on the campus.
- Students are forbidden from entering into other classes without express permission of the Principal.
- After class hours, students are permitted to stay back on the campus only with
permission of the Principal.
- They are not permitted to participate in live/photographic modelling, fashion shows, stage shows and/ or any Radio / T.V. programme without prior permission from the Principal. Students shall not defame the institution through print, visual and social media.
- Demonstration / campaigning / procession of any type at any time is strictly prohibited within the campus.
- Rioting/agitating against another group of students or against members of staff / Principal /Management for any reason whatsoever is prohibited.
- If a student or a group of students or the entire students have any grievance of any kind whatsoever, it is to be brought to the attention of the Grievance Redressal Cell in writing. The cell in consultation with the Principal shall take necessary steps to resolve such grievances.
- Re-admission to any programme is not a matter of right. Applications for re-admission will be recommended only on genuine ground and shall be forwarded by the HOD of the concerned department with a ‘Good’ Conduct Certificate.
- Issue of certificates: A student who desires to get any certificate from the college office shall apply to the Principal in writing, through the HOD/ class teacher, stating his/her relevant details viz Class, Class No., Year of Study, Subject/Second Language, University Register No. etc. Normally a notice of 24 hours is necessary for the issue of Certificates.
- Ragging/teasing/intimidating/harassing/using words of abuse etc. on junior students, especially female students within the Campus or outside is a punishable crime under Police Act, and such matters will be immediately reported to the police. Students involved in such acts
will be adequately punished which may amount to:
A. IMPRISONMENT UP TO 2 YEARS AND
B. A FINE UP TO RS. 10,000/- AND
C. DISMISSAL FROM THE COLLEGE.
The University too would be requested to take the matter seriously and execute punitive measures, in such cases.
- The authority of the Principal extends beyond the campus also.
- Any further rules and regulations framed by the Management and the Principal from time to time shall also be binding on all.
- In all matters not specified in the foregoing rules, students shall aim at conducting themselves well, respecting the rights of others so as to establish and maintain the good traditions and reputation of the institution.