𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝/ 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐚𝐧/ 𝐂𝐖𝐒𝐍
…………………Baselius College endeavors to provide equal opportunities and access to all disadvantaged and differently abled students with respect to admission and their academic progression. We have constituted an internal committee for the students with Disabilities for the purpose of ensuring a disable friendly campus for all differently abled students who would be admitted to the college. The Committee aims to address the requirements and to also make all resources accessible to the disabled students.
Divyangjan Friendly Policies
- There shall not be any discrimination against individuals with any sort of disabilities
- Divyangjan shall be treated with due respect and care.
- For admissions, 5 % of seats shall be available to them over and above the sanctioned seats.
- Children with Special Needs shall also be considered for admissions
- Special motivation shall be given to students with disability
- All relaxations available for examinations shall be provided to them and steps shall be taken to ensure that they get extra time, bonus marks and the facility of Scribe or Interpreter, as the case may be, for examinations
- To ensure free movements, ramps shall be available wherever possible.
- New buildings may have the provisions of lift to ensure barrier free movement.
- Special facilities like equipment, audio notes, scree-reading software etc. shall be arranged.
- Separate toilet facilities shall be arranged for Physically Disabled Persons.
- Scholarships shall be arranged for students with disabilities.
- A special page shall be available for the disabled students in the college website and a separate Internal Complaints Committee shall be established for the benefit of such students.
- The disabled students shall be encouraged to participate in all academic and all possible co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including field trips, Industrial Visits etc.
- Staff members shall be oriented for providing special care to disabled students by identifying the nature of disability and the requirements of each student.
- Staff members with disability shall be assigned duties considering the nature of disabilities.
Any act of discrimination or offence against divyangjan shall be dealt with severely and there will be no tolerance if any such incident is reported.
Internal Complaints Committee for Divyangjan
- Dr. Biju Thomas (Principal)
- Dr. Jyothimol P.
- Dr. Shaju M.J.
- Council Secretary
- Sri. Raju Jacob (Office Superintendent)
- Ms. Pushpa Baby Thomas (PTA Representative)
- College Union Chairman
|…Any grievance shall be submitted through the following link: