Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Quality Sustenance and Quality Enhancement are the two key words reverberating in most institutions of Higher Education in India (HEIs) today.For performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish a”proactive and functional IQAC” in its system.Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure shall initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in the college and shall play a key role in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation.The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution. It channelizes all the efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The functions of IQAC are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution and disseminate information on various quality parameters of higher education
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices andto act as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
Members of IQAC are drawn from various categories of stakeholders. The members of IQAC are:
- Dr. Biju Thomas- Principal (Chairman)
- Dr. Manoj Narayanan K.S (Co-ordinator)
- Dr. Jyothimol P (Vice-Principal)
- Dr. Shaju M.J. (Teacher Representative)
- Dr. Suma Bino Thomas(Teacher Representative)
- Dr. Annie Cherian(Teacher Representative)
- Dr. Sindu Jones(Teacher Representative)
- Dr. Joy Markose (Bursar)
- Prof Cherian Thomas (Management Representative)
- Prof. Jacob Kurian Onattu (Academician)
- Mr Jacob Kuruvilla (Parent Representative)
- Adv. Vinodkumar (Alumni Representative)
- Mr. Abraham Kurian (Industry Representative)
- Mr. Raju Jacob (Office Superintendent)
- Mr. Amal John Jacob (Student representative)
- Ms. Anagha Anil (Student representative)