conduct and discipline
A. CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE OF STUDENTS
1. It shall be the bounden duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of the college, and to conduct himself with discipline and decorum in all places and under all circumstances.
2. Every student shall attend classes regularly and punctually and shall refrain from any action that may disturb the smooth working of the college. Every student shall wear his / her identity card daily.
3. Students shall be clean and modest in dress, refined in language and polite in behaviour.
4. Smoking, use of alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited in the college premises. Students shall not enter the college drunk.
5. Every student shall greet the members of the teaching staff on the occasion of first meeting them within the college premises and whenever he meets them in public.
6. When a teacher enters a class-room, the students shall rise and remain standing till they are directed to sit or till the teacher takes his seat.
7. When classes are in session, students shall not enter or leave the class rooms without the permission of the teachers concerned.
8. While moving from one class to another, especially through stairs, students are expected to KEEP LEFT in a line, leaving sufficient room for those coming in the opposite direction.
9. Students who may be free during class-time shall not loiter on the verandah or on the premises of the college. During such time, they are to be in the Library / Reading room.
10. Every student shall handle college property with care and shall do everything in his power to preserve cleanliness and tidiness of the furniture, buildings and the premises. Students shall not disfigure the walls, doors, windows, furniture etc. with bills, engravings etc.
11. The loss or damage or disfigurement caused to the college articles will be made good by realising from the student concerned double the loss or damage so incurred or through a collective fine covering all the students.
12. Except in the meeting of the various college Associations, no student shall address any gathering in the college premises without the special permission of the Principal.
13. Students are prohibited from being members of any political organization and from taking part in any agitational activities. The College Union Election shall not be conducted on a political style. It shall be on a system based on the guidelines issued by the Management and the Hon'ble Courts. Politics and Political activism are strictly banned on the Campus. The students are forbidden from organizing or attending meetings other than the official ones. The directions from the Hon'ble High Court will be strictly complied with.
14. Megaphones, loudspeakers, Mobile phones etc. should not be used on the campus without the express permission of the Principal. Posters, flags, memorial tombs, floral arches, festoons etc. should not be displayed in the campus.
I5. Indecent behaviour towards the opposite sex will not be tolerated.
16. Students shall not invite or encourage outsiders to enter the campus.
17. Demonstration/campaigning of any type at any time during the working days of the college is strictly prohibited within the campus.
18. Rioting/agitating against another group of students or against members of staff /Principal /Management for any reason whatsoever is prohibited.
19. If a student or a group of students or the entire students have any grievance of any kind whatsoever, it is to be brought to the attention of the Grievance Redressal Cell in writing. The cell in consultation with the Principal shall take necessary steps to resolve such grievances.
20. Ragging/teasing/intimidating/harassing/using words of abuse etc. on junior students, especially female students within the Campus or outside is a punishable crime under Police Act, and such matters will be immediately reported to the police. Students involved in such acts will be adequately punished which may amount to
1. Imprisonment up to 2 years and
2. A fine up to Rs. 10,000/- and
3. Dismissal from the College.
The University too would be requested to take the matter seriously and execute punitive measures, in such cases.